Home Forums General Battery life

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    andyb
    Participant

Have take the plunge into mirrorless but photographing rugby over the weekend, the battery lasted little over a half – 40mins+ – and about 400 RAW pics. With my DSLR I could take 2-3,000 photos and still have juice left over.

Is this the norm for mirrorless? How long do other manufacturers’ batteries last

Bett Atherton
    Participant

Hi Andy

my Canon R7 battery is fine and I have found no difference than when I was using the DSLR, 4oo raw images is very low have you tried another battery?

Paul Heester

I dont have direct experience but I do understand that most mirrorless camera batteries do not last as long due to the extra electronic functions over a mechanical DSLR. Popular YouTuber Gavin Hardcastle always complains about his Sony batteries constantly running out, meaning he carries many spares. He does exaggerate but have heard similar elsewhere.

andyb
    Participant

Thanks. From what I’ve read about Nikon Z50 this is probably about standard so I’m not a happy bunny. But have bought a new battery (at vast expense) so will see how that goes. But my initial impression is the z50 is not a wildlife or sports camera (very unhappy bunny).

Bett Atherton
    Participant

Oh no sorry to hear that Andy, cant you return it and get a refund?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.