Home Forums Outings & Events BUSHY PARK 9 October 2023

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    David Beard
    Participant

Frank Edwards organised a trip to Bushy Park on Monday 9th October.  As well as Frank there was Wally Conquy, Jeff Winchurch, Iggy Tavares and myself.  We met at East Croydon (except Iggy who met us at Clapham Junction) and made our was to Hampton Wick by train.  The Hampton Wick entrance to Bushy is only a short walk away.

The day started out bright and remained so all day although the sun was low in the sky.  The stags were doing their thing (as is their want at this time of the year) and a number did not disappoint with clashes and disappointment for the loosers.  There weren’t many birds around – a number of Grey Heron’s were scattered about the place and at least one Kestrel was seen but high up in a tree.

We finished walking about 8½ miles – I’m still recovering from the aches and pains!

I call this image “The Three Amigo’s”.  Iggy was with me so he missed out!

"The Three Amigo's"

• This topic was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by David Beard.
    David Beard
    Participant

Kestrel – high, high up in a tree.  If I’d cropped any further it wouldn’t be as clear as this.

Kestrel

David Beard
    Participant

Just one of many confrontations witnessed.  The chap in the water won this round.

THE RUT

David Beard
    Participant

One of several Grey Heron’s looking for dinner!

Grey Heron

FrankE
    Participant

The most challenging aspect of the shoot was the very bright day, while this help allowing high shutter speed. The contrast between shadow and highlights was very high, the only saving grace was the sun is lower in the sky this time of year. This one is an extreme case of decimated highlight detail.Locked

Anyone have any idea what this stag is doing! Face wash?

FrankE
    Participant

A kestrel for a knave

Kestrel

FrankE
    Participant

The Stag after seeing off a challenger

To The Victor...

Grey Heron

FrankE
    Participant

When you haven’t got your wide angle lens, what do you do!

The Shooters

David Beard
    Participant

Nice ones, Frank.  I only managed the back of the head of the Kestrel!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.