Home Forums Outings & Events North Wales Trip – Nov 2023

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Keith
    Participant

Hi Everybody,

I’m looking to organise a club trip to North Wales in early November.

This area offers a lot of photography opportunities: dramatic landscapes around the Snowdonia National Park, including Aber Falls, Afon Cwm Llan, the Conwy valley, Fairy Glen and many mountain lakes. Nearby there is the unique architecture of Portmeirion, the beautiful and unspoiled Llyn peninsula, and walled cities of Caernarfon and Conwy providing options in case of poor weather.

Early November tends to be when the autumn colours are at their most dramatic these days, and I’m particularly looking forward to visiting the National Trust’s Bodnant Gardens as part of this trip.

I’m provisionally looking at the weekend of 11th-12th, but this can be flexible based on finding a date to suit as many of us as possible. I will plan to be there from Thursday to Monday (4 nights) but of course members are free to join later or leave earlier depending on their own requirements.

There are several accommodation options. I have previously stayed at the Eagles Hotel in Llanwrst, which has a couple of good photography locations within walking distance as well as pubs and a local shop. Alternatively there are Premier Inn hotels in Bangor and Caernarfon; depending on numbers I will look at group booking discounts, though naturally people are free to make their own arrangements as well.

I’m keen to see the level of interest so please leave a note below if you’d like to join me, and if you have any questions.

Many thanks
    Keith

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Keith.
    Tina
    Participant

Hi Keith

Tina and Graham would like to join you on this trip.

Thank you for organising.

Tina

Michael
    Participant

Hi Keith,

Count me in please. Looking forward to the trip.

Thanks,

Michael.

Jeffwin
    Participant

Hi Keith

Yes put me down to please Thanks Jeff

Paul Heester

This does sound tempting! May need to persuade the Mrs…

As a small plug I went here 7 years ago and can heartily recommend the area. Here is my Flickr album from that time (was late October) – https://www.flickr.com/photos/8182614@N08/albums/72157672466725953

FrankE
    Participant

Hi Keith,

Bridget & I are intrested

Thanks

Tina
    Participant

Hi Keith

Any update on Wales trip in November?
    We are starting to get other things cropping up and wish to know if the trip is going ahead. Hope you and Lance are ok. X

FrankE
    Participant

Hi All,

just to say that B and I have booked into the Premiere Inn Bangor, from the 9th – 13th.

As we have not heard from Keith, I have started to develop a schedule based on the suggested areas/sites from Keith’s original post.

This is just a backup plan, there as a just in case so if you are still interested in going feel free to go ahead and book your accommodation.

gcluer
    Participant

I would be interested but can’t do thaose dates.  Any other weekend in November is fine.  I don’t expect you to move it for me but please let me know if you do change the date.

Tina
    Participant

Hi All

Have just booked Bangor Premier Inn for 9th – 13th Nov.

Hope a few more will join us for a trip to North Wales.

Best wishes

Tina

Paul Heester

I would be interested in going. However it’s unlikely I will have the car over that whole period. Currently away in sunny North Devon so will update when I return.

Jeffwin
    Participant

Hi All I have just booked premier inn in Bangor 9th-13th nov

Regards Jeff

Keith
    Participant

Hi All, I’ve now booked the Premier Inn in Bangor 9th-13th Nov

Paul Heester

Hi All

Just to say that I wont be able to make it due to family commitments. Wish you all the very best weather and locations.

Jeffwin
    Participant

Hi All

I need to leave my car for my wife to use while I’m away so was wondering if anyone has spare seat in theirs.

Obviously happy to share expenses and even spring for breakfast en route!

Jeff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.