Home Forums Photo Sharing Paul’s 52 Week Project

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Paul Heester

Week 13/52 – Bought this snakeshead flower a few weeks ago and decided to use it for this weeks image. I liked the desaturated high-key style and the white border seems to help it (hopefully a judge wouldnt say it was blownout as the border is pure white!)

Fritillaria meleagris - Week 13/52

Paul Heester

Week 14/52 – Lovely weekend spent in a village outside Alicante, Spain called Busot for their fiesta. This is taken on the Sunday where there is a flower offering paraded down to the local church of San Jose. Managed to capture the fiesta mural in the background as well.

Busot Fiesta - Week 14/52

Paul Heester

Week 15/52 – Another image from the Busot Fiesta on the final day which rolled into the next week of this project. The Contrabandistas (smugglers) parade through the town slowly shuffling and shimmying along in traditional Seville-style dress. Therefore went for a slow shutter speed to show some movement.

Contrabandistas - Week 15/52

Paul Heester

Week 16/52 – I bought a cyanotype kit a few months ago and thought that capturing bluebells would be an appropriate subject. This is my first ever attempt and Im really happy how it came out. I pressed the bluebells in a large heavy book the day before. Then I placed them on the treated paper, added a layer of clear perspex to keep them in place and let the sun do its job. It took under 10 minutes worth of sunshine before it went a greyish colour. I then brought it indoors and washed off remaining solution in water with some citric acid. The colour became more saturated after 24 hours, which is when I scanned it.

Bluebell Cyanotype - Week 16/52

Paul Heester

Week 17/52 – One of my ideas thought up in January for use when low on inspiration. Tea, Branflakes & Crumpets to start the day.

Breakfast Triptych - Week 17/52

Paul Heester

Week 18/52 – With a forecast of clear skies I headed out this week for a midnight shoot in Sussex. Was disappointed to find clouds scudding across the sky so this is a composite of all the gaps with clear sky. Taken by the Jack Windmill in Sussex.

Windmill Star Trails - Week 18/52

Paul Heester

Week 19/52 – A rare day out to myself saw me enjoy the Wildlife Photographer of the Year at the NHM. I also visited the V&A next door which has this new courtyard area with a funky-tiled roof cafe. I liked the placing of these two within this space in the sunshine.

White Space - Week 19/52

Paul Heester

Week 20/52 – Following a Lee Hall YouTube video I attempted to photograph a rose underwater with food colouring dropped in. The red gave the best contrast to this pink rose. Bit of flash was also added.

Blood Rose - Week 20/52

Paul Heester

Week 21-52 – Went for an abstract oil in water shot this week. Its such an easy setup and with coloured cards below you can endlessly change the colours and wait for the bubbles to form pleasing shapes.

Oil Bubbles - Week 21/52

Paul Heester

Week 22/52 – Using fruit again I opted for a surreal-ish image, inspired by this old press. Lighting was in a darkened room using a torch to lighpaint the scene.

Fruit Press - Week 22/52

Paul Heester

Week 23/52 – An enjoyable day out at Brands Hatch watching the Euro NASCAR series. This competitor span around facing the opposite direction with other cars scrambling around. Took so many shots, mostly trying to improve my panning technique. Took around 800 shots with around 25% sharp, its defeinitely a numbers game with panning!

In a Spin - Week 23/52

Paul Heester

Week 24/52 – Ron kindly stepped forward for our portraiture evening at the club. What a great character!

Ron - Week 24/52

Paul Heester

Week 25/52 – Bit of a home studio setup using an LED bulb in the book to create some “magic” with my son modelling with various toys.

The Magic of Reading - Week 25/52

Paul Heester

Week 26/52 – Have been home growing some Pink Oyster Mushrooms and this is the first batch. Shot from the base of the growing bag using a light panel, also focus-stacked 4 images to ensure all the gills are sharp.

Mushrooming - Week 26/52

Paul Heester

Week 27/52 – Another fruit-inspired image. Used my light panel to cast a narrow window of light for a low-key look.

Berries & Cherries - Week 27/52

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.